- Skylift X800 drone built and tested
- 8 x 400 kv Motors
- 8 x 40 A Esc Motor Controller
- 4 x 15 x 8 E top props
- 4 x 15 x 10 EP bottom props
- Adjustable universal camera gimbal bracket
SKYLIFT X800 SPECIFICATIONS
- Flight times “ up to 30 min
- Payload 1 5 kgs safely
- Diameter motor to motor 80 cm
- Weight ( Excluding battery and payload ) -3100 g
- Height 30 cm
- Landing Gear Height 27 cm
- Radio range up to 2 kms
SKYLIFT X8 800 USER GUIDE 2 VERSION 3.1
SKYLIFT X800 FEATURES
- Quick release arm and leg system makes transporting, assembling and disassembling quick and easy. In the event of a crash the arm or leg can be instantly replaced onsite.
- Adjustable universal bracket is supplied with Skylift frame which can accommodate most gimbal systems.
- Easy access to controller system.
- Collapsible Gps stand.
- Easily accessible battery mounting system.o Carbon and nylon fibre composite makes it durable, compact and lightweight.
Unique skylift arm design allows for agile , steadier and more efficient turning and flying.
Flight control system allows for full gps waypoint navigation, failsafe, return to home and many other features.
- Vibration absorbing arm system eliminates vibrations before they get to the camera or controller.
- Heavylift can lift up to 5 kg payload
- Flight times of up to 35 min using 1 x 6S 22 000 mah battery.
- Advantages of top and bottom counter rotating system:
Opposed to traditional hex and octo configuration where the props are mounted next to each other the mounting of props above and below each other makes the craft more aerodynamic therefor reducing the external forces which would normally affect the stability of the craft in windy conditions.
- This also allows a much faster forward speed as the craft is more aero dynamic.
- Top and bottom counter rotating propellers significantly reduce the maximum torque that goes into each arm reducing fatigue on the entire system.
- By using only four arms instead of eight the weight of the system is significantly reduced.
- The overall size of the system is drastically reduced without compromising payload.
- Top and bottom counter rotating propeller systems are 15% to 20% more energy efficient than equivalent single propeller systems. This is because the air passing through the blades of the propellers is accelerated twice in order to generate thrust instead of a single time, as it is with single propeller systems. This means that each of the two propellers in a contra-rotating system is doing half the work that the propeller in a single propeller system needs to do so they can do their work with fewer viscous losses, and fewer losses due to radial air flow along the length of the propeller blades.
The air that goes through the first propeller in a contra-rotating system acquires a rational twist, which is then cancelled out by the reverse rotation of the bottom prop. This has two benefits. The rotational energy in the air is recovered as useful thrust, which increases propeller efficiency, and the air exiting the bottom propeller flows straight down eliminating prop wash.
This straight down flow allows the multicopter to descend rapidly without causing the multicopter to
have a leaf effect as experienced by traditional hex and octo configurations.